Monday, December 17, 2007

A Letter to Santa

Dear Santa Claus,

Greetings from the land where there are more Malays than anywhere else. How's the weather at the North Pole? Heard that because of global warming, the poles are shrinking. I hope that your property weren't affected. For all I know, those bast*rds in Bali aren't gonna do a single thing... Afterall, many countries are selfish and its almighty leaders/head of state politicians are playing oh-let's-jingle-round-the-roses and wasting time pointing fingers at each other.

Pessimictic I may be, but realistic I am. Although I'm heading for my 19th year and maybe a bit and slightly overaged for this, but my textbooks once non-factually said that a person's gotta dream for his wish to come true. I do hope you exist, afterall, no David Copperfield lives as long as you, and no Muhammad Ghandi can bring hopes to so much people as you.

My wishlist for christmas is simple. No doubt, some personal and some for the hope of mankind. I shall skip all my personal wishlists on this public blog, but to be refered to later as an pdf file attachment at the bottom of this post.

My 2 hopes for this unforgiving world:

1. Please, leaders of the world, stop acting like children and start maturing as a leader of the world. No doubt, many of you all were elected, but how many actually fulfilled the reason of post that you were actually meant to fill? You should put down your differences and sense of individualism of the countries you represent, and see many things, with foresight and vision, as you were expected and chosen to. Do realise how many people suffer as a result of your incapabilities, and how many moan as a result of your lack of vision. No doubt, democracy is a flawed process, as even as the majority may not always get the correct choice.

Dear Santa, please give the world a proper leader, both politically and spiritually. This pathetic world needs one. And please do not point out UN to me - they can suck balls. And the supposed one currently sitting in the White House is making more flawed decisions than he is expected to, no credits for that. May the new America elections bring about someone decent enough.

2. Mother Nature is crying. Can you hear her weep?

I'm not skeptic about that. The weather's changed so drastically and so visibly, even in the course of my youthful, 19 years of life. On the micro-scale, sungais (rivers) are getting polluted with plastic bags and styrofoams boxes; The roads are being littered by cigarette buds and tissue papers; Even on the backlanes of my house are full of trash and foodwaste. Now, mulitply that by every river you see, every road you drive on, every housing estate. I announce that I just overwhelmed myself with nothing but heavy feelings.

On the macro, London's getting colder year by year; Floods that didn't seem have affected Malaysia in the past have struck twice in a row. In 19 years, I've seen this: I can't imagine what's gonna happen in the next 19 years, or the one after that. Will I actually get to see Earth's premature demise in my lifetime?

Dear Santa, please delay or drag on the death of Mother Earth, or Gaia. I can't bear to see her Death nor her sad, disappointed face in my lifetime. If the Christian God actually summoned another flood to kill all of us, I would actually say that we, as humans, as stewards of this planet, deserve it. Where else awaits us, as mankind, in the future, except the damnation of Earth?
My dear Santa, You're no God, and I'm no Unreasonable. Just try your best to help me ok? I know these are unreasonable hopes but i'm sure that many others hope the same too. At this point of time, there's no one else more believable than you, other than peter pan and the seven gay dwarfs and crayon shin chan and his little white dog.

Ok, that wasn't really much of a consolation.

Thanks for spending some time to read my letter. Will email you next year again.

Regards to Mrs Santa and your elves,
Chunhowe.