Have you ever felt handicapped before?
Not about the terribly exciting game for the wealthy where you randomly swing metal sticks and then strenuously exercise by training your eyes to look small, tiny white balls in vast areas of greens.
I'm talking about being actually physically impaired.
I remember my Chemistry teacher in secondary school once told us a tale of his friend who woke up one day and suddenly realised that he had turned blind overnight.
And that we used to call him a "Terrorist" behind his back.
Just to show how fragile life actually is, you know. One day your friend can be doing a bit of night jogging, then to see him the next day bedridden forever due to a car accident. You never see such stuff coming along... Just like Rikimaru's or Phantom Assassin's Blinkstrike, see your back suddenly got a bit of blood, suddenly crit crit crit, then you start counting down 50 seconds again.
Btw, I stopped DotA-ing d. Chunhowe mature liao.
Back, I just saw a glimpsed of my own disability for a second a while ago.
I was switching SIM cards, when I wanted to use my *extended* fingernail on my right pinky which I had been keeping and maintaning for the past 2 years. A great and handy tool in times of urgent needs. You might never know when you'd need to pry something small, or point at a specific spot on the map, or scratch the inside of your nose when it gets itchy.
Suddenly, I realised that I had just snipped it off 5 minutes ago.
For a second, it dawned on me that I had just lost a great buddy, a helpful partner, a steady brother. Like I had just tok-ed off my dick.
I looked again at my right hand upright, palm facing me.
My pinky looked incomplete, as if a segment had just been chopped off.
Regrets, I have many.
Emo-nyer.